When you arrive at UCGH for any service, our friendly business office staff will verify insurance, current medical and billing information along with emergency contact information as part of the registration process. We will make sure insurance is in order and we will check for any pre-authorizations. UCGH accepts most insurance plans. It is helpful for patients to be aware of their own coverage.
To be sure your information is correct, please bring:
- Medicare/Medicaid/Insurance cards
- Driver’s license/valid ID
- Provider’s orders
- Form of payment for co-pays and deductibles
For All Appointments:
- Please arrive early enough to complete paperwork
- Provide your date of birth, address, phone numbers, social security number, and employer
- Bring all of your medications to every visit
- Provide current and accurate information
- Bring all insurance cards
- PLEASE NOTE: Check with your insurance company to see if you need prior authorization for your visit
- Copay is due at time of visit
Medical Test Results
Please allow 7 - 10 business days for your results
Please make a follow-up appointment with your doctor to go over all lab, radiology, and any other test results that your doctor may have ordered.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to give lab results over the phone or for walk-in patients; you must make an appointment.
- If you are a no show 3 times in a 3 month time period you will have to make same day appointments.
- We must receive accurate insurance information to ensure proper billing.
- Please cancel an appointment you will not be able to make a day prior to the appointment time.
- Arrivals more than 15 minutes late may result in requiring a new appointment.
The business office takes care of filing insurance claims for patients. Each patient will receive a statement of services from UCGH when there is a balance due. Sometimes, pathologists, radiologists and other providers we work with will send a separate bill for that service. Each patient is responsible for payment after the insurance carrier’s portion is paid.
UCGH accepts many forms of payment. Whether you would like to pay with cash, a credit/debit card, money order or set up a payment plan, UCGH’s business office staff will help you manage your payment. If you need financial assistance please see the financial assistance form under "Patient Forms and Policies", listed under the "Patients" tab.
Questions about your bill?
The UCGH Billing Office is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please call our Business Office, 575-374-2585 to discuss your statement.
Located in Clayton, New Mexico, Union County General Hospital (UCGH) also proudly serves the communities of Texline and Dalhart, Texas, Boise City, Oklahoma, Des Moines, Raton, and Amistad, NM, and many smaller communities in the region.